Tuesday, November 30, 2010

90210

Here she is!!!

Kyle and I thought she was going to have a HUGE mouth

Our families first picture
SO.... I officially have a reason to blog now (her name is Kailee!) Kailee was born on 90210, hopefully this doesn't mean she will be a drama queen! I was 41 weeks along to the day when she was born, I was very unsuccesful as far as dilating goes and needed a little assistance, the night before I was going to be induced I went in to get some medicine to help dilate my cervics. I was having contractions all that day that progressively got worse. After getting the medicine I was supposed to lay flat for an hour, but after 45 minutes told the nurse I couldn't handle it anymore. She checked me and I didn't change a bit so I had to go home. I was in so much pain and was so tense that the nurse told me I needed to relax if I wanted to dilate. I went home and went from the tub to the shower to the tub to the shower, the contractions were so painful I was a mess....Anyways this is enough details. Kyle and I headed back to the hospital at eleven, I had dilated to a 5, I got the epidural, pushed for 30-40 minutes and out came Kailee at 03:01 just a bawling. The little stinker decided that she wanted to poop before she came out, which means she had to be suctioned out a lot! The RT was there and just when I thought they couldn't get anymore crap out of her they did. They took her to the nursery to check her out and I went to my room. In the morning I woke up to the Dr. telling me she was in Special Care nursery, he said for some reason she had a high WBC count and she was also in need of oxygen. She ended up improving quickly and we were able to take her home Saturday evening!!

2 comments:

Carson Bateman's mission blog said...

thanks for blogging Tess.

The Banners said...

I am so glad that you have a blog now! It will be so fun to keep in touch with you and see pictures of your darling new family!